Waiver & Release of all claims and assumption of risk
I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants in Firefly Run, and I voluntarily and knowingly agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that I may sustain as a result of said participation. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of participating in these activities against Romero Star Racing DBA Firefly Run, including its owners, managers, officers and employees, the race officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, and the owners and operators of the venue (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Administrators"). Participants registering for the race, programs/activities must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs. I agree that I am solely responsible for determining if I am physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this Assumption and Release. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I, for myself and my heirs, do hereby fully release and forever discharge the Administrators from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suffer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the race, program or activities including injuries caused or associated with transportation to and from the event. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my online signature shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
I acknowledge that I am at least 18 years old and that I have read and agree to the conditions of this waiver.
I understand that entry into the Firefly Run is Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable, and Non-Deferrable.
Please check the box below to indicate your agreement to each of the following:
1. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
2. I assume all risks associated with participating in Firefly Run, including, but not limited to, slips, falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, any defects or condition of premises, or the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity. All such risks being known, assumed and appreciated by me.
3. I agree that Romero Star Racing DBA Firefly Run is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event.
4. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This assumption and release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
5. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me in the race, and children under the age of 13 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in the race unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver on their behalf.
6. I grant permission to Romero Star Racing d/b/a Firefly Run, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other Romero Star Racing record of this event for any purpose including, but not limited to, promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of Romero Star Racing.
7. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds.
8. The official race directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race and in the event of cancellation or change there is
no refund of entry fees.
9. I agree to indemnify Romero Star Racing d/b/a Firefly Run, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
10. I assume risk of wild animals and insects that may be present on the course.
11. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment, and facilities, and cooperative, positive participation. Romero Star Racing may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behavior endangers safety or negatively endangers safety or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility, or property of any type or kind. I also agree to indemnify Romero Star Racing its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in party by my actions.
12. I understand that Firefly Run is a run held in the evening with limited lighting or none at all.
13. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race.
14. I am at least 18 years old, OR I am under the age of 18 and in addition to me my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms.
15. Event Date and start times subject to change
I acknowledge that there is no race day packet pick up and I am responsible to pick up my packet on the designated dates and times.